Users of websites
This section sets out the policy of ABC processing of personal data collected from users of ABC website.
Collection of personal data
ABC may collect, process, and store personal data about you in the following instances:
- When you visit and browse our websites
- When you communicate with ABC
- When you make use of other functions and services offered ABC
- When you apply for a job
Categories of personal data
ABC may collect, process, and store the following personal data about you:
- Identification data (such as name, e-mail address, telephone number and similar)
- Communications with you
- Digital footprint (e.g. information about your usage of our websites, IP address, MAC-address, your type of browser, operating system and version, connection to Wi-Fi SSID, device name, location data and time zone)
Purposes of processing
Your personal data may be processed for the following purposes:
- Promotional marketing in general
- Handling your application or request
- General communication
- Talent acquisition
- Product and service development
- Statistics and analysis
ABC will mainly process your personal data based on the following legal basis:
- Legitimate interests: In most cases, the processing of your personal data will be based on our legitimate interest in, for instance, being able to reply to your inquiries, conducting statistics, analysis, marketing activities (where consent is not required), providing support as well as improving and developing our products and services.
Your personal data will be retained for a period of 1 year, and hereafter the data will be anonymized.
Links to other websites
Our websites may contain links to other websites. We are not responsible for the content of other companies’ websites or their practices in collecting personal data. When you visit other websites, you are advised to read the owner’s policy for protection of personal data and other relevant policies.
Disclosure to other data controllers and transfer to data processors
To fulfil the above purposes, we may provide access to your personal data for third parties who, based on a contractual relationship with ABC Bunkering provide relevant services, e.g., IT-providers, customer service centres, invoicing providers, email providers, marketing providers and affiliated companies Such service providers will only process personal data in accordance with our instructions pursuant to agreed data processing agreements.
Aside from above, it is a general rule that your personal data is not disclosed to a third party without your permission. However, under certain circumstances and in accordance with applicable law, we may need to disclose your personal data to
- Advisors such as lawyers and auditors
- Public authorities
- Prospective buyers
- Affiliated companies
- You have the right to access the personal data we process about you.
- You have the right to object to our collection and further processing of your personal data.
- You have the right to have your personal data rectified and deleted, with certain statutory exceptions, including applicable bookkeeping and anti-money laundering legislation.
- You have the right to request us to restrict the processing of your personal data.
- Under certain circumstances you may also request to receive a copy of your personal data as well as the transmission of your personal data which you have provided us with to another data controller (data portability).
- You may, always, withdraw any consent you may have given. We will then delete your personal data unless we can continue the processing on another basis. Please be aware that withdrawal of your consent does not affect the legality of the processing based on your consent prior to the withdrawal.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files on your computer, phone, tablet or other devices where you use browsers. The cookie file that is placed on those devices are used as helpful tools to remember whenever the same device goes back to the same website.
- Strictly necessary cookies: Required for the operation of our website and will always expire every time you close our website.
- Performance cookies: Gathers information about your visit on our website such as the date and time, pages viewed, time spent and devices used. We use Google Analytics to measure this data so we can optimize and maintain the website.
- Functionality cookies: These are used to recognize you when you return to our website and remember your preferences (i.e. choice of language).
Disabling Cookies from Your Device
You can at any time change your mind, and retrieve the consent that you gave us when accepting cookies on our website.